Saturday, September 4, 2010

beachy touches



this warm weather is making me really crave a trip to the beach! i am loving getting back into shorts and singlet tops.
i have also felt the need to add a little 'beach' to my family room decor. this sideboard was one of my very 1st shabby purchases and came from Sandy over at Paint Me White. it is such a functional piece and holds all the girls craft and drawing items, as well as bits and pieces of my own stationary. i just love it. it has been topped with various photo frames for years, but this morning i decided to give it a new look. the jars were a 'tip shop' find- $1 for the lot. the old heavy brass footed dish was a market find at $2. it's now holding my glasshouse candle and some beach finds from our trip to Lord Howe Island last September. i've put coral and small shells in the jars. just the look i was after. fresh. simple.
i'm linked up with Country Farmgirl here
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful and simple! I love the calm feeling that it portrays. Beautifully done. Thanks so much for stopping by and linking up. Have a wonderful day.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete