Monday, August 29, 2011

Antique Fair Visit

i was very surprised to wake to a day of pure sunshine yesterday
after all the rain the day before!
i headed out to Aladdin's Fair to see what i could find.
absolutely packed with vendors and keen shoppers!
my most favourite find.
an old Mason jar and Ball jar from the USA.
i learned that if i leave the purple one out in the sun for an
extended time, it will darken in colour.
how cool!
vintage leather belt
another suitcase to paint!
a cute mirror that has a stand as well as a hook for hanging.
bought these with my loose change.
perfect for making another teacup candle and the milk glass jar
will become a little vase.
i'm getting into the whole vintage book thing,
and found this one that really interested me.
a prize for a girl who did well in her scriptural knowledge
back in 1903!
"polishing the lantern"
what a sweet picture.
i'm not a book reader but i'm definitely reading this one.
lisianthus bought by Mike for me.

Happy Monday to you all.
I'm off to Ikea with a friend to gather supplies for my next project ;)
Kate x

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Great finds - looks like a wonderful fair!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you found some great treasures!
    Those flowers are very pretty too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this looks great. I didn't even know it was on. Hope you had fun at Ikea - I really have to mentally prep myself for a trip there.
    Cheers
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete