Saturday, October 8, 2011

more tea cup candles & my wall of mirrors

hi and happy weekend to you all!
i visited a church garage sale this morning and came home
with some lovely goodies including these 2 awesome mirrors.
you may remember a while back when i did my first mirror display
on this wall. you can see what it looked like here.
i decided to expand my display and here's how it turned out.
i think it makes the ceiling seem higher and the room bigger.
i hate the air conditioner. what an eye sore.
when we paint this room, i'd love to paint over it.
has anyone done that before?
i couldn't imagine it could look any worse than it does now!

a crisp white fluffy chenille bedspread found at the church garage sale too
and some vintage linen. the floral sheets are a little worn, so i
plan to cut them up and make some cute carry bags.
another batch of teacup candles made this morning.
great for stocking fillers, secret santa or teacher pressies.
i used soy wax and a lovely floral scented oil.
the house is smelling so good!
you can see how i made them here if you would like to give it a go.

Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Kate you always do so well on your hunts!!! Your wall of mirrors certainly has expanded, but looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your wall of mirrors and your tea cup candles. I'd like to try making some but first I need some tea cups. I'll see if we can find them at the Aladdin's Cave market. Are you still going?
    Kylie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chenille is soooo yummy! I don't ever think I have seen one so full and "fluffiful" but, I have to say I adore your coffee table the most!

    ~~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate, I saw your post on Table Top Tuesday. Love your mirrors! So pretty! I am your newest follower. I hope you will follow back! Many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love the effect, and I agree. It does make your ceiling seem higher. Beautifully done! Come by and see my cottage some time.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi lovely lady.
    I love all your Mirrors !! You did a lovely job putting them all together for your wall so pretty!!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your collection of vintage mirrors. So pretty and romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I am a first time visitor and love your projects. The wall of mirrors is wonderful and I love your tea cup candle. A friend host an Alice tea party annually and this would make wonderful favors. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love! love! your mirrors and will give the teacup candles a try.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous! You're featured at Share the Love Wednesday this week. Thanks so much for linking up--hope you'll be back this week. Stop by and grab a feature button!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love vintage mirrors!!!

    Omigod, I want to steal your living room and move it here to NZ! I saw your work featured at Very Merry Vintage Style. I looove it very much! I'm your new follower and admirer!

    Love from Auckland, NZ!

    Please drop by my blog too!
    http://thechicregency.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete